Library Behavior 101
Or, the Fair Garden and Swarm of Beasts! Thanks to the Southern Adirondack Library System for hosting my visit today. Materials from the session follow!
Things we love about teens
- 1 Thing You LOVE! (or find rewarding)
- about working with teens
- sense of humor
- different personalities
- crack me up
- (2) keep on toes
- know what they want (or don’t want)
- reading their books, suggesting books, bookmarks
- interesting group dynamics (fascinating)
- generosity (reading buddies)
- tech saavy
- 2 different perspectives
- change the world
- sense of adventure
- willing to help if you appear to need it
- pull into programs
- never cease to surprise
- like them in general
- common interests
- volunteers turn into staff!
- break through to find rapport
- surprised by insight & maturity
come to me
- info lit light bulb goes off! do things the right way
- eager to share
- listening to their conversations (funny when trying to be serious)
- passion for pop culture
- finally getting the nod of head or smile or hello (acknowledgement)
- seek me out to recommend books to me!
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.