Archive for September, 2010
Thanks to the Newburyport (MA) Public Library for hosting me at their staff development day to address gaming at the library! Slides, handouts & links follow.
- Libraries, Literacy & Gaming Fact Sheet
- Programming Tips
- Videogames for Programs
- Board Games & Literacy
- Core Collections (updated 9/22/2010)
In the wrap up session for Reader’s Advisory, we covered development assets, and practiced applying titles from previous sessions.
- Developmental Assets for Middle Childhood (ages 8-12)
- Positive Parenting Tips for Middle Childhood (ages 9-11)
- Positive Parenting Tips for Early Adolescence (12-14)
- NCTE Position Statement on Multimodal Literacies
- Learning Styles